How we collect information
At Drink Portuguese Wine we ensure that our interactions with you are timely, relevant and tailored for you. To do this, we may collect information about you in the following ways:
- If you engage with us on social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter you might give us permission to access information from those accounts. The data we are given access to by social media services will vary but will always be in line with the Terms of that particular service.
- When you visit our website, we may gather information, such as which pages you visit or how long you spend reading a particular page. This data helps us to improve your online experience, for example by adding new features, or removing elements that make the website difficult to use. We may also use data and insights to help inform the choice of words and images that appear on the site, in order to improve visitors’ response to our campaigns.
What information we collect
When you order wine with us, we collect all of the necessary information to make the sale as smooth as possible. This will include your name, postal address, email address and telephone or mobile number.
How we use your information
We will ask for your consent before we use your information for certain purposes, such as sending you emails about new promotions or local events. We may also use your information where we have a legitimate interest in order to carry out our activities, examples include:
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, or that we feel would be of interest to you, and reasonably expected by you
- To process any enquiries or requests made by you
- To ask you to participate in surveys or research
- To analyse the personal information we collect about you alongside publicly available information to better understand you and ensure our communications are tailored to you
- To analyse and improve our website, services, products or information
- To understand our customers better and develop audience propositions
- To process an internship application or job application
So we can let you know the latest news from Drink Portuguese Wine, we may contact you by direct mail, and by telephone, email or SMS, where you have agreed to be contacted. You can change how you hear from us at any time simply by getting in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you enter information into a form on our website and start but don’t complete a form, we may send you an email to check and see if there is any help we can give or any problems you encountered.
Who we share your information with
We are forced to give basic delivery information to our couriers, so that you can get your wine. We do not share personal emails or telephone numbers unless specifically requested to do so.
We promise to always keep your details safe and we’ll never sell or swap your information with any other organisation.
How we keep your information safe
We make sure that appropriate physical, technical and human controls are in place to ensure we take good care of your information.
However, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure and as a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Drink Portuguese Wine cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we make every effort to try to ensure its security both on our systems and while in transit between our systems and our partners who work on our behalf.
All staff who have access to your personal data understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure at all times and are given training to support them in this.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
We ensure that additional controls are in place for financial, sensitive and special categories of information, meeting regulatory and legal requirements for managing these types of information.
How long we keep your information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, and meet any legal or regulatory requirement. This is so that we can provide the services, products or information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to ensure we don’t communicate with you if you’ve asked us not to and to comply with the law.
You have the right to object to your data being processed by us and can do so by contacting us at email@example.com
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we manage your data with the Information Commissioners Office.
How to change the way we contact you
We always want you to be happy with the communication you receive from us. If you want to change how you hear from us, or update your details, simply get in touch with our us at email@example.com
You can also change the way we contact you in the following ways
- Using the unsubscribe link in an email from us
- Following the instructions in an SMS message from us to opt out of future messages
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device to help us give you a better experience of using our website. Cookies do lots of different things, such as helping us to:
- personalise the website to your requirements highlighting particular information which you may find interesting on a second visit
- avoid asking you to register or complete details twice
- estimate the number of visitors to our site, including the source and patterns relating to this traffic
- display relevant advertising to you when you visit other websites
- understand how visitors use the site, and how we can enhance this experience
You are able to set your devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time, although of course please be aware this means that you’ll miss out on some personalised services. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can do this.
What if I’m under 18?
You should not be using our site. Please log off!
Changes to this policy
This information was last updated in May 2018. From time to time, we may make changes to the information on this page so you may wish to check back from time to time. The amended information will apply from the date it is posted on the site and will govern the way in which we collect and use personal information from then on.